Livia Perez, PSYD, MS, LMHC, LCMHC
Dr. Perez is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Certified Therapist, a National Board-Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (NBCCH), and a Certified Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (TF-CBT).
Dr. Perez specializes in EMDR and TF-CBT to treat different traumas including sexual, physical, and emotional abuse. She also treats grief, abandonment, health, and combat trauma. She provides EMDR and hypnotherapy for the treatment of pain, depression, and anxiety. Her practice also includes transpersonal psychology, cognitive restructuring, and consciousness shifting for personal empowerment, love, happiness, and goal achievement.
In 2010, she completed her Master of Science in Psychology from Carlos Albizu University. Subsequently, she provided psychotherapy to sexually abused children and adolescents for six years at Kristi House in Miami. In 2013, inspired by one of her patients, she attended her first EMDR training and opened her private practice in the same year. Dr. Perez has completed 14 trainings in EMDR, four trainings in clinical hypnosis, and several trainings trauma related. In 2021, she completed a Doctoral Degree with concentration in Health Psychology at Albizu University.
During the doctoral program, Dr. Perez continued working in her private practice and completed rotations in the medical field including Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami Hospital, and the Design Neuroscience Center. At Jackson Memorial Hospital, she completed her one-year rotation at the Rehabilitation Unit conducting biopsychosocial clinical intakes and individual psychotherapy to patients with spinal cord injury, cancer, multiple sclerosis, and other degenerative conditions. At University of Miami Hospital, she completed her one-year rotation conducting neuropsychological evaluations to geriatric populations participating in two studies: DETECT PAD (Pre-Alzheimer’s Disease) and AIM (Precision-Based Computerized Assessment for the Detection of Mild Cognitive Impairment). At the Design Neuroscience Center, Dr. Perez completed an eight-month rotation conducting neuropsychological evaluations as well as individual and group psychotherapy to patients with traumatic brain injury and a variety of other neurological diseases.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Doctorate in Psychology
Albizu University, Miami, Florida 2021
Master of Science in Psychology
Carlos Albizu University, Miami, Florida 2010
Bachelor of Arts in Law
University of Havana, Havana City 1999
- Transforming Trauma with EMDR Part I and II by Laurel Parnell, Ph.D., Big Sur, California, August-September 2013.
- Transforming Trauma with EMDR Part III by Laurel Parnell, Ph.D., Big Sur, California, May 2014.
- Attachment–Focused EMDR – Healing Developmental Deficits and Adults Abused as Children by Laurel Parnell, Ph.D., Philadelphia, February 2016.
- See Me, Feel Me, Heal Me – The Untold Story of the Brain and EMDR Therapy by Uri Bergmann, Ph.D., San Diego, California, August 2016.
- EMDR as Transpersonal Therapy. A Cross Cultural Perspective Where East Meets West by Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW, Hawaii, May 2017
The training includes EMDR with transpersonal approaches in addition of Hawaiian and Shamanic healing interventions.
- Treating Chronic Pain with EMDR by Mark Grant, M.A., New York, July 2017.
- EMDR Therapy and Somatic Psychology: Interventions to Enhance Embodiment by Arielle Schwartz, Ph.D. and Barb Maiberger, LPC, EMDRIA Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October 2018.
- Integrating EMDR Therapy in Trauma-Informed Palliative and Hospice Care by Michael Keller, LCSW, Barbara Ganzel, Ph.D. and Jim Reiser, LMFT, EMDRIA Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October 2018.
- Health Issues as a Doorway for Healing Trauma: Changing Our Destiny by Irene Siegel, Ph.D., EMDRIA Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October 2018.
- Buddhist Psychology, EMDR Therapy and Addictions: The MET (T) A Protocol by Stephen Dansiger, PsyD, MFT, EMDRIA Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October 2018.
- Using The EMDR Recent Event Protocol with Homicide Survivors and Victims of Other Violent Crimes byDonald F. deGraffenried, LCSW, EMDRIA Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October 2018.
- Treating First-Responders and Military with EMDR Therapy by E. C. Hurley, Ph.D., Online Training, August 2020.
- Basic Hypnosis with Applications by Susan Becker, Ph.D., Miami, Florida, April 2009.
- Clinical Hypnosis with Rapid Trauma Resolution Level I by Jon Connelly, Ph.D., Tampa, Florida, April 2012.
- Clinical Hypnosis with Rapid Trauma Resolution Level II by Jon Connelly, Ph.D., Tampa, Florida, May 2012.
- Past Life Regression Therapy by Dr. Brian Weiss, Rhinebeck, New York, October 2012.
- Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- North Carolina Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor
- Florida Qualified Supervisor MHC
- EMDR Certified Therapist
- National Board-Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
- TF-CBT Certified Therapist